Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekend Recap

This is honestly the most tired I have been after a weekend in a while. We ended up doing so so much and it has just drained me.

Friday night for our date night we headed out to the drive in movies to see the Avengers and Fast and Furious 7. Both were pretty good and if you've watched the rest of each franchise, you'll like them!

A-la being bored in the car because we got there an hour and 1/2 early.

The one downside of the drive in is how far away from home it is. We ended up going straight from work because there was no time to go home and then get back in time for the movies. We were and hour and 1/2 early for the show and we ended up leaving at 1:30am to get home by 2:30am.. SUCH a late night for the couple who is usually in bed by 9pm..

Saturday was off to a wonderful start with a 3 miles run followed by some couch cuddles with this handsome.


We were both pretty tired from the night before and ended up running around noon. NOT a good idea because the heat killed us even further.


Lunch was followed by hanging out on the deck and soaking up some beautiful weather.

It was about 5pm by the time that I could convince Dustin that we should get out and go hiking. And of boy; hiking waterfalls works muscles that I don't normally use in the winter!





Get a picture of how deep this water is! :]

Waterfall selfies!

Working the legs and arms on top of some very slippery shale.

He suggested I pose for this picture.

More waterfall selfies! We climbed up it after taking this ;].


It was beautiful and the bugs were hardly biting at all! I love hiking the water falls and it's one of my favorite summer-time activities. It's really a great workout and fun too!

We were exhausted by the time we finished and got home. We made some salmon burgers (HIGHLY recommend!) and then hit the hay.

Sunday I woke up at 6:30 to get ready to go hangout with my mom, brother, and his girlfriend at the Lilac festival for Mother's day!


It was a beautiful morning and (even though I put on sunscreen) I ended up getting burned on my neck and shoulders. We then headed to the farm where Dustin joined us for some BBQ and animal watching.

Overall it was a jam packed weekend and I ended up getting all green for my Fitbit stats! :] 

How was your weekend?

Did you do anything different than you usually do?




No comments:

Post a Comment