Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekend Recap

So this weekend was pretty enjoyable!

Friday started off with us finishing out our 50hr week with a trip to Subway! I needed to get some carbs in for the race on saturday ;]. We mainly just went home and relaxed for a bit before getting to sleep.

Saturday we woke up at 6:30 to get around for the race and to head over to my parents house to meet with my friend and walk over to the race.

Race time was great besides it being a little bit too warm. Race finish 29:55! I made my goal of a sub-30 time! :]

Dustin and I then proceeded to go to an animal auction with my parents where they bought 2 female rabbits (1 already bred), a rabbit enclosure, and a rooster! It was fun to be outside and to be in the sunshine. my legs started to ache mid day but I enjoyed being with my parents and watching them bid.

We ended the day by grabbing some Wendys for lunch, and grabbing supplies for home-made pizza for dinner.

Sunday, we woke up early and were out for our 3 mile run by 8am. We got home, lounged around a bit waiting for everyone else to get up, and then set to work on various activities for the day. I took charge of cleaning leaves out of the pool while Dustin's mom chatted to me about wedding venues. Dustin washed his car, and his dad cleaned the shed.

We then all went out for lunch at Seneca Farms (grilled chicken sandwich, yum!) and then we came home to laze about while his parents went out to a friend's party. We made another homemade pizza for dinner and had a nice night just hanging out until bed time. ;]

I'm excited for the next month of things. This weekend is Mother's day; next weekend is my next 5k race; the following weekend is my 8k race; and then we have our anniversary weekend!

3 years together already! I'm really trying not to get my hopes up for a proposal on our anniversary weekend. He's told me that he will be asking me sometime in 2015 but I'm really trying not to get my hopes up for that weekend (even though I would be REALLY excited!). We'll just have to wait and see I suppose :]

3 comments:

  1. I hope he proposes on your anniversary weekend! So exciting for you both!
    I haven't done an 8k race before--Oh wait, that's 5 miles...I have. That is a fun distance! You have a lot to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! The 8k looks like a fun race (all runners get a pint glass and a glass finisher's medal!) it will be my first race with a medal and will probably only propel me into more and more longer races! :]

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete