Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome everyone to my little space on the internet.

I am mostly writing this so that I can keep track of my running as it progresses. I have had trouble, in the past, with becoming too obsessed with my weight and with exercise that it had become too unhealthy for me. I dropped 22lbs within a couple of months and thought that I was doing such a good job, but then I stopped running and I started eating crap again and gained back about 30 pounds.

That brings me up to this past Christmas time when I was 190lbs and feeling large and unhappy. I made the decision to try a new- New Years Resolution unlike any that I had ever tried before.

In the past I had tried the 'lose 30 lbs' or 'stop eating or drinking x, x, and x', but this year I decided to completely dis-regard the scale and my weight: I made the decision to not weigh myself this year and to go by how I was feeling instead. I decided to try something that would make me stronger and proud of myself for accomplishing: I decided to run 500 miles in 2015.

So far, I have been able to run 155 miles of those 500. I did run into a bit of a hip flexor injury this past week and have been resting it for about 8 days and then today I just happened to slip down the stairs and injure my back a bit.. not the best luck when you have a 5k race to run in just 10 days.

Speaking of that race, it is coming up on Saturday May 2nd and will be around the area that I first started running in. It will also be run with one of my best friends and we are both hoping to get a sub 30- minute race time. I believe that it is possible for us; my times have come in at about 31 1/2 minutes and with everyone there it should only improve!

I suppose I should let you all know who I am as a person.. so here it goes, I suppose.

  • I'm 24.
  • A girl/woman trying to make that strange transition.
  • I work for a fiber-optics company doing design and drafting work.
  • I have a wonderful boyfriend who has stuck with me for (coming up on) 3 years.
  • My little car is coming up on 250 thousand miles.
  • I work at least 45 hours a week in order to pay off student loans and save for a house.
  • I have a 6 person family with 1 sister and 2 brothers; all of them have a person as well.
  • Only my sister is married and it looks like no one but myself wants children.. so that's fun.
  • I try to run at least 2 miles, 6 days a week.
Speaking of running again, I have 6 races this summer (ranging from 5k-10k) and I am very excited that 1 of them will even earn me a medal! :] 

Again, welcome to my blog and I hope you will be checking in again!

Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment