Friday, April 24, 2015

Still in a running pause

So I am still in a bit of a hiatus from my running (it's been 11 days!) due to my hip flexor and then falling down the stairs, but yesterday I was about to do some strength moves instead. I was able to get in a solid body weight routine for arms and legs and both are now sore today.

It feels wonderful to do something active but I cannot wait to get back to my favorite little buddies:
These are the running shoes that I have been using since the beginning of the year. My boyfriend bought them for me for Christmas and I chose this particular pair to be able to use them on the treadmill, trails, and on the road. So far, they have been great for me. They keep my arch supported and give me a bit of cushion while running.

Tomorrow I have a running date set with one of my best friends and we will run my old 3 mile route to get a feeling of what times we should expect to see next Saturday at our 5k race.

Speaking of races; I watched the Boston Marathon on Monday and I cannot stop thinking about it. Honestly, I've never thought about anything exercise related this much. I must have read about 20 different race recaps from different people who were talented enough to go and run the course and I must say, I want to do it too! I want to work my distance up and try to make get myself ready for a marathon. Not only one, but I want to work on it and get my time to qualifying standards and to try and make it into the Boston Marathon! 

I know it will take a few years to get myself into that great of shape but I have never really had a dream like this before. I've never been able to actually see myself working towards a goal like this and trying to reach it. But I just know that from the sounds of it; Boston is an experience of a lifetime!

Onto some non-running related things. I went shopping this past weekend and was about the snag a few key pieces for my summer wardrobe:

I was in desperate need of some flats to wear to work so I got these two from Charlotte Russe and LOVE them. Both allow my feet to breath a bit and are super cute and go with everything.


I was also looking for more work-appropriate dresses for the warmer weather and stumbled onto this one at New York and Company on sale for $34! I went with the Green color but couldn't find a picture of it from the front.
These are the new summer shorts that I found that actually fit me at a nice length.


Still on my wish list for the summer are a pair of strappy wedges and a new pair of Jeans. 
I suppose that's it for now; I'll see you next time and hopefully I'll have a run under my belt by then!




No comments:

Post a Comment